Our parties are designed to be both fun and educational. We celebrate seasonal flavors at the same time as we enjoy your special occasion. Have a theme in mind? Let us know and we can design a special menu to suit the interests of your guest of honor. Or maybe your little chef would prefer to learn how to make his or her favorite dish? We’re up for almost anything! The cooking portion of our parties usually lasts for an hour and afterwards, the children get to feast on the fruits of our labor!
Our parties are suitable for children ages 3 and above.
Interested in learning how to Host Your Own Cooking Birthday Party? Contact us!
Update: We will only be offering a limited number of Birthday Parties this year. In order to improve your chances of securing a date, please contact us at least 6-8 weeks in advance. Thank you!
Locations for our Parties:
In the comfort of your own home (San Francisco Bay Area)…
- Don’t worry about the mess! We are there to help.
- We are flexible, so you don’t need to fret if your kitchen isn’t very big!
- All we need is a large work surface with access to a sink, microwave and oven. We can work at a table in the back yard, at the dining room table or anywhere else you feel is appropriate! We can also combine several tables if you don’t have a single large one.
- Our base fee is: $350 and includes 7 children. Each child thereafter is an additional $25.
In the commercial kitchen of the San Rafael Recreation Center in San Rafael…
- The price of your event includes the use of the kitchen AND a separate room for your festivities
- In this location, we provide plates, cups, napkins and utensils
- Prices start at $425 and include 7 children. Each additional child is $25.
In the classy and spacious kitchen of Fresh Starts Cooking School in Novato…
- Prices start at $600.
- $250 from the cost of your birthday party will be donated to Homeward Bound of Marin to help local homeless families.
- Parents may bring their own wine to this location. There is plenty of room here for parents to socialize while we cook with the kids.
- Ingredients: We will cook the meal for our party!
- Quality cooking tools
- Staff Member who sets up and supervises age appropriate activities
- For parties in your home, you will need to provide plates, cups, napkins, utensils
- Birthday Cake (Not Required; we can make one “treat” with our meal.)
- Any decorations you wish to provide (balloons, streamers etc.)
- Maximum number of children is negotiable and depends on the space and number of adults available for supervision. Typically, we do not recommend having more than 10 students.
- A $75 nonrefundable deposit is required to hold your reservation, and will be applied to your total cost. Once you reserve your class date, you will be asked to make your deposit online.
- Please reserve the date for your cooking birthday party at least 6-8 weeks in advance, if possible.
- If our travel time is over 30 minutes each way, an additional travel fee will be added to the cost of your event
Birthday Party Buzz…
This was the BEST birthday party I have ever been to! – friend of Piper, age 6
Thanks so much Michelle for making it such a fun party. It was a treat to work with you. You made it all so easy! – Christine P., San Francisco
We had a wonderful time at Anya’s birthday party thanks to your staff. The staff made it fun and exciting for 5 year olds and the little girls were attentive beyond what I had anticipated. The fun of cooking, eating , and cup cake decorating was a real hit. The moms got the idea that cooking at home together could be a really fun thing for the family, not just work in getting meals on the table. Thanks again for a very successful party – Dale Hilpert, former CEO of Williams-Sonoma, Belvedere
THANK YOU so much for being soooo brave in trying to teach 12 y.o. boys how to make their own dinner – I think it was an eye-opener for all of us! I would love to “testify” on your website – I have nothing to say but the truth, and the trugh is, it was GREAT! Sam, the boy who lives next door is already clamoring for his birthday party to be a cooking class with you! – Angela, Oakland