As a Type-A person who loves to be in control, I am not a huge fan of surprises. For that reason, April Fools’ Day was never a big deal in our family. But when I found a prank using jelly beans that was easy, fun, and tasty, I knew that I had to give it a try.
At our old house, we had an ice dispenser on the outside of the freezer door. My daughter, in particular, loves ice-cold drinks and used it all the time. Imagine her surprise when she went to get ice…
and got jelly beans instead!
How to Set Up Your Jelly Bean April Fools’ Day Prank
If you have an ice dispenser in the door of your freezer, this jelly bean prank is easy!
- Take out the container that holds the ice in your freezer door.
- Empty it and then wipe it dry.
- Put the ice receptacle back into place in the freezer.
- Pour in a bag of jelly beans.
- Close the freezer door.
- When you press a glass against the trigger on the outside of the freezer door, jelly beans will fall through the metal gears, instead of ice cubes!
A little confession…I was so excited about this prank, that I kept asking my daughter if she was thirsty. I have a hunch that she was a little suspicious! When she ended up with a cup full of jelly beans, she said, “I knew you were up to something!”
What are your family’s favorite April Fools’ Day pranks?
Get a FREE Cook & Learn Activity!
As a subscriber, you'll get free Cook and Learn Activities with kids, simple recipes and special offers delivered right to your inbox!