Every year, I look forward to the classes that I teach with the children who participate in the Marin Humane Society summer camp program. You might be wondering what on earth a cooking teacher might be doing at an animal shelter. Stop that! We are NOT cooking the animals. But we are cooking FOR them!
Kitty Catnip Bites
By Michelle Stern, What’s Cooking with Kids
1 ¼ cup flour
Extra flour, if necessary
1 teaspoon catnip
2 Tablespoons wheat germ
1/3 cup powdered milk
1 Tablespoon unsulfered molasses
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, catnip, wheat germ and powdered milk.
- Add Molasses, egg, oil and water.
- Add additional flour if the mixture is too moist or sticky.
- Shape into tiny balls, about ½ the size of a marble, and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool and store in tightly sealed container.
Have you ever baked for your pets? I’d love to hear about it!
Get a FREE Cook & Learn Activity!
As a subscriber, you'll get free Cook and Learn Activities with kids, simple recipes and special offers delivered right to your inbox!