When I taught high school, my students yearned for independence, but often lacked confidence and experience. Now, when we work together in the kitchen, they get to apply their curiosity and enthusiasm in a productive way. Not only do they learn life-long skills, they gain the confidence they will need to branch out and try new foods, recipes and cooking techniques.
We can help you celebrate a birthday or graduation, or simply gather together a group of your friends. We will come to you, with tools and ingredients in hand. In these workshops, students will have an instrumental role in both the planning and preparation of our meal.
We can also do classes for College-Bound Students:
Private or small-group lessons for college-bound students are available. Students will learn how to safely prepare healthy meals in their dorm room or apartment.
Prices for Teen Classes:
- Teen workshops are $300 for 4 students.
- Classes will last approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Additional students are $55 each, with a suggested maximum class size of 6.
- A $75 nonrefundable deposit is required to hold your reservation, and will be applied to your total cost.
- If our travel time is over 30 minutes each way, an additional travel fee will be added to the cost of your event.
- The location (can be outside or inside).
- Access to a sink, stove and oven are usually required.
- Beverages, cups, plates, napkins and utensils
- Staff Member who sets up and supervises age appropriate activities
- Quality cooking tools