Update: Our classes and special events are going on hiatus, as Michelle returns to her origins in the classroom to teach Biology at Novato High School. She still has a few teachers on board, but we are not scheduling any new recurrent classes at this time.
What’s Cooking with Kids teaches cooking classes to children and offers special events in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are proud to promote the use of locally grown, organic ingredients. We are passionate about educating our students and their families about the environmental and health benefits of making sustainable and responsible purchasing decisions.
We do not have our own teaching facility. We teach the majority of our classes in local schools, and in the homes of our clients.
- The base fee for our GROUP cooking workshops in your home is $250, and includes 5 children.
- GROUP pricing in one of our local community centers starts at $350 and includes 5 children.
- The price for each additional child is $20.
- A $75 nonrefundable deposit is required to hold your reservation, and will be applied to your total cost. Once you reserve your class, you will be asked to make your deposit online.
- In order for each student to benefit from our program, we request that no more than 10 children attend each class
- Please view our Cancellation Policy for additional information.
- For travel times of over 30 minutes each way, an additional fee will be added.
- The location (can be outside or inside).
- Access to a sink and oven are usually required, although we can customize our menu to suit our location.
- Beverages, cups, plates, napkins and eating utensils
- Staff Member who sets up and supervises age appropriate activities
- Ingredients, with an emphasis on organic, seasonal and locally grown foods, when possible
- Quality cooking tools
Many thanks to Anolon for providing us with tools that we can use in schools with our students: