It’s hot this summer. But that doesn’t mean you need to reach into your refrigerator for a cool can of soda. There are healthier and cheaper options – and ones that you can make yourself.
Thanks to West Bend, one of my lucky readers will have the opportunity to brew up their own summer refreshments.
This Iced Tea Maker…
- is uniquely designed, and has variable tea brew strength.
- allows you to brew tea with or without sweetener.
- includes an attractive 2.5 qt. glass pitcher to serve in style.
- allows you to make tea with bags or loose tea.
- Add sliced fruit to your pitcher. Good options are: lemon, lime, orange, kiwi, peach or pineapple.
- Float whole berries in the tea: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
- Rub a lemon slice along the rim of your glass and then dip it in fine sugar (yes, like a sweet version of a margarita!)
- Add sprigs of herbs or lemon verbena from your garden
Some nice recipes to try…
How to Win:
To be entered to win, leave a comment below sharing your favorite healthy summertime beverages to share with your family.
For additional entries, please leave comments below letting us know you did each of the following (we will check!):
- If you own a copy of my book, The Whole Family Cookbook, please leave a comment below with the name of a recipe you have enjoyed.
- Subscribe to the What’s Cooking with Kids monthly newsletter (in the header of my website)
- Join the What’s Cooking with Kids community on Facebook. If you are already a member, please just let me know in the comments below.
- Join the West Bend community on Facebook and leave a comment saying we sent you
- Follow @whatscooking on Twitter
- Tweet this statement:
I just entered to win an iced tea maker for my family from @whatscooking. Enter here: http://su.pr/1drYfg
We did not receive any compensation or free products for this post. I am just excited to get your family cooking together and had the opportunity to offer it to you. Please thank me by sharing this post or encouraging people to check out my new book, The Whole Family Cookbook.