People on Twitter are starting to get excited about my new What’s Cooking with YOUR Kids series, and have asked how to participate. I thought I’d outline the easy steps here, so people can take a gander and get inspired. Let’s try to get the word out there that it IS simple to cook with your kids AND everyone should try it. Believe me, the results are worth it!
Kids who cook:
- are better eaters (and complain less at mealtime!)
- eat a more varied diet
- learn important skills that they will use for their entire lives
- learn to cooperate and follow directions
Here’s how to participate in What’s Cooking with YOUR Kids…
- Call your kids into the kitchen and cook up some fun together.
- You could use one of the recipes I have included on my blog or you could pick one of your own.
- Or, you could try doing one of the food-related community service activities that I get so darned excited about
- Take a few photos, write down the funny things your kids say or jot down some notes about how well the recipe or service project worked…or didn’t
- And then send me an e-mail (michelle (at) whatscookingwithkids (dot) com) with
* your story
* some photos
* and a link to your website or blog, if you want me to mention it
- Stay tuned: I’ll post these stories on the blog – and hopefully your enthusiasm will encourage other families to cook or do service with their kids, too.
Do you have a blog? Please tell your readers about this! Let’s generate a lot of buzz – we will link back to everyone who participates.